Who is Eligible for the DAISY Nurse Leader Award at UVAHS:
Any UVAHS Administrative Nurse Leader (Assistant Nurse Manager and above) that holds an active registered nursing license.
- Nominations will only be considered if they include specific examples to describe the professional character and performance of that nurse.
- Any clinical acts mentioned in the nomination must be consistent with policies and procedures outlined by the Health System.
What makes an extraordinary Nurse Leader?
- Role models compassion and exemplary practice.
- Role models behavior perceived as extraordinary.
- Creates an environment that fosters care and compassion.
- Creates an environment where attributes of trust, compassion, mutual respect, continued professional development, and ethical behavior are modeled and supported.
- Motivates team members with a shared vision and enthusiasm to achieve better outcomes for themselves and for their patients.
- Accessible, available, and responsive to the needs of others, encouraging critical thinking and problem-solving for individuals and teams.
- Promotes and enhances the image of nursing within the organization, the community, and the profession.
Nominate using the form below, addressing the criteria shown above. Nominations must be a MINIMUM of 300 words. Nominations that do not meet the criteria or word limit will not be considered.
The nomination period will close on Sunday, November 26, 2023 at 11:59pm.
If you have any questions about the DAISY Award, please email Ashley Noguera at email@example.com.