2023 Nursing Excellence Awards
The Nursing Professional Governance Organization (NPGO) proudly presents awards annually honoring different aspects of excellence in the nursing role. Award recipients are selected on the basis of peer reviewed nominations received by the NPGO Awards and Recognition Committee. Any Medical Center employee, NPGO Member, or UVA School of Nursing student may be the primary nominator for each of these awards.
Nursing Excellence Awards
- Beginning Practitioner of the Year
- Exemplary Clinical Practice
- Excellence in Relationship-Based Caring
- Excellence in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Excellence in Knowledge Development and Expansion
- *NEW* Licensed Practical Nurse of the Year
- Nurse of Distinction
- Preceptor of the Year
- Transformational Leader
Interprofessional Partnership Awards
Nominations for Other Nursing Honors:
- The Eloise Dodge Gould Pediatric Nurse Education Award (Any UVA Children's Medical Center staff may nominate a UVA Children's Medical Center RN) - coming soon!
- The Thomas Buckley Memorial Endowment Fund for NICU Nursing Education
(application process open to UVA NICU and NETS nurses and nurse practitioners) - apply here.